We are Las Vegas Casino Injury Lawyers
Welcome to The Law Office of Kevin R. Hansen. We are Las Vegas casino injury lawyers. We bring over 25 years of experience to you and we specialize in Las Vegas hotel and casino injury claim negotiations, trials, and settlements. We offer free consultations and you pay nothing unless we win.
Table of Contents
If you have been injured in a Vegas casino, you may be entitled to financial compensation under Nevada Law. Realize the clock is running to file your personal injury claim, so don’t delay in reaching out to an experienced and qualified casino negligence litigation lawyer. The time following an accident can be daunting, but choosing the right attorney is the initial and arguably the most crucial step towards victory. We are experienced trial lawyers who have spent a lifetime in Las Vegas and Clark County, Nevada. We have successfully recovered maximum financial compensation awards against properties involved in casino and hotel accidents all along the Las Vegas Strip. Now, let us consider how you find the best Las Vegas Casino Injury lawyer for your case and discuss how the Law Office of Kevin R. Hansen can offer you top-notch legal representation.
- Experience and Specialization: Kevin R. Hansen is an experienced lawyer, specializing in casino negligence cases. Our firm has acquired decades of experience in the courtroom, negotiating with insurance companies, and winning judgements for injured clients using Nevada law. We understand the distinctive intricacies of the local casino landscape. Our portfolio showcases a remarkable track record of successfully resolved cases and favorable court judgments.
- Credentials: Our firm’s commitment to exemplary service is underscored by our possession of the necessary qualifications and credentials. We proudly hold membership in the State Bar of Nevada, and our dedication is further attested by numerous positive testimonials from our past clients.
- Communication and Client Relations: Transparent communication is at the heart of our client relationships. We break down complex legal terms into easily understandable language, keeping you in the loop at every stage of your case and promptly addressing any queries you may have.
- Resources: Our firm is equipped with a wide range of resources, including access to medical experts, investigators, and other professionals whose input can significantly strengthen your case.
- Fee Structure: Reflecting our steadfast dedication to your cause, there is no charge to come talk about your case, and we adhere to a ‘no-win, no-fee’ policy.
- Personalized Attention: Recognizing that each client’s situation is unique, we provide personalized attention, crafting a legal strategy tailored to your specific circumstances.
- Negotiation Skills: Our lawyers are seasoned negotiators, proficient in handling discussions with insurance companies and opposing counsel to secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries.
The Law Office of Kevin R. Hansen, a talented and experienced law firm practicing personal injury law and specializing in casino and hotel injury law, is committed to helping you navigate this challenging phase. We offer a free consultation and a no-win, no-fee guarantee. We consider every client a part of our family.
Contact our law firm or dial 702-478-7777 for a zero-charge Case Review.
Now that you’re more familiar with who we are and how we can serve you, it’s essential to understand more about the potential dangers and circumstances you might face within gaming establishments. The next section, Common Casino Accidents, offers a wealth of knowledge on potential hazards, including the various accidents that could occur, how they typically happen, and the potential implications for those involved. The more informed you are, the better prepared you’ll be to take the necessary steps towards securing your rights.
Common Hotel and Casino accidents
Casino injuries are far more common than most people realize. Under the duty of care principle, Casinos have a responsibility to the casino guest. The lively atmosphere and vast variety of activities in a Las Vegas casino can, unfortunately, lead to a wide range of accidents and injuries. These include but are not limited to:
- Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents: These are among the most common types of casino injuries and can occur due to wet floors, uneven carpets, poorly lit areas, and faulty escalators or elevators.
- Assault and Batteries: Casinos can sometimes attract criminal activity, especially if the casino has negligent security. If a casino fails to provide adequate security to protect its guests, it could be held responsible for any resulting injuries.
- Foodborne Illness: Food served at the casino’s restaurants can sometimes lead to food poisoning if not handled or prepared properly.
- Hotel Room Accidents: Defective furniture, improper maintenance, and other hazards in hotel rooms can lead to unexpected injuries.
- Swimming Pool Injuries: Without proper precautions and maintenance, a day by the pool can result in severe injuries.
What Are the Causes Behind Casino Accidents?
Casino accidents can be caused by a variety of factors usually related to negligence, including:
- Negligent Maintenance: Failing to address potential hazards such as wet floors, broken furniture, or faulty equipment can lead to serious accidents.
- Inadequate or Negligent Security: If a casino doesn’t provide adequate hotel security measures, guests can become victims of assault or other crimes.
- Improperly Trained Staff: If casino staff members are not properly trained to handle emergency situations or identify potential risks, guests may suffer injuries.
- Unsafe Food Handling: Casinos often offer a wide range of dining options, and improper food handling can lead to foodborne illnesses.
- Assaults: Assaults happen some times. The Las Vegas strip properties are subject to assaults that are often captured by hotel security cameras.
How Can a Casino Accident Lawyer Help With My Case?
An Injury Lawyer can provide invaluable assistance by:
- Reviewing Your Case: A good lawyer will thoroughly review the facts of your case as viewed under the light of Nevada Law. They will help you maximize compensation, identify all potential sources of liability and compensation, and inform you of your legal options.
- Help You Find Medical Providers: They can help connect you with top notch medical providers.
- Collecting Evidence: They can help collect vital evidence to support your claim, such as surveillance footage, witness statements, and medical evaluation records.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: They can deal with insurance companies on your behalf, ensuring that you’re not taken advantage of during the settlement process.
- Representing You in Court: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, your attorney will be ready to represent your interests in court.
Why Should You Hire a Casino Injury Attorney?
If you’ve been injured while on a gaming or resort property, hiring casino liability attorneys with specific experience in casino property cases can significantly enhance your chances of receiving the maximum compensation you deserve from the at fault party. An experienced Casino accident attorney will understand the unique laws and regulations that apply to casinos in Nevada. They will have the expertise to handle complex legal procedures, negotiate with insurance companies and opposing lawyers, and advocate for your interests in court, if necessary. The Law Office of Kevin R. Hansen is an experienced law firm that specializes in litigation against hotel and casino properties.
Don’t wait to get the legal assistance you need. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
What Immediate Steps Should You Take After a Casino Injury in Las Vegas?
If you’ve been involved in a casino accident and suffered injuries as a result, it’s crucial that you take immediate action to protect your rights and build a strong case for potential compensation. Remember, the law firm of Kevin R. Hansen specializes in casino cases and we have over 25 years of experience practicing personal injury law. We offer zero-charge case evaluations. We are here to support you during this challenging time.
- Seek Medical Help Immediately: Regardless of the severity, it’s vital to get medical help for your casino injuries. This step is not only crucial for your health but also necessary for documenting your injuries for any future injury litigation.
- Report the Incident: Always report the accident to property management or security. Request a written report detailing the incident. If it’s a slip and fall incident at Las Vegas casinos or hotels, for instance, reporting becomes all the more important.
- Collect Evidence: If possible, take photographs or videos of the area where the incident took place, especially if there are dangerous property conditions like wet floors, defective railings, or poorly lit areas that may have contributed to the accident.
- Obtain Witness Information: If there were any witnesses, gather their contact information. Their testimony could play a vital role in your casino accident case.
What Role Does the Security Footage Play in My Injury Case?
Security footage can play a pivotal role in your casino accident case, especially in proving the casino’s negligence. Casinos, known for their extensive surveillance systems or “eye in the sky,” often capture crucial evidence of incidents on their premises.
However, securing this footage can be challenging, and it’s typically where the assistance of an experienced accident attorney becomes invaluable. An attorney can help request this footage promptly before it is potentially erased or overwritten.
Injured in one of the Las Vegas Casinos? Don’t navigate this process alone. Contact us today for a Zero Charge Case Evaluation. Let’s discuss your case and how we can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Remember, at The Law Office Of Kevin R. Hansen, we handle cases on a contingency fee basis – this means you owe us nothing unless we win your case.
Understanding the Legal Perspective of Casino Injuries in Las Vegas
Navigating the legal landscape following a casino accident can be a complicated task, given the complexities of duty of care laws in Nevada. These laws hold the casino owner accountable for maintaining a safe environment for all guests.
Imagine for a moment you are Jane. You’re on a well-deserved vacation in Las Vegas, soaking in the vibrant life of the city, the endless entertainment options, and, of course, the thrill of the casinos. You’re walking through the casino floor of the well-known properties on the strip, your mind abuzz with the sounds of slot machines, when suddenly, you miss a step on a poorly maintained staircase. You fall, suffering serious injuries that put a sudden and painful end to your vacation. Fall incidents like this are fairly common.
You’ve done nothing wrong – the fault lies with the negligence of the casino’s maintenance. You’re faced with out of pocket expenses, doctor bills, a painful recovery, and the end of what should have been a joyous vacation. This is where skilled injury lawyers come into play.
How Can Casino Owners Fail in Their Duties?
Casino owners can fall short of their responsibilities in various ways. Negligence may include failing to repair known hazards, inadequately training staff, or providing inadequate security. Any of these failings can result in incidents such as the hotel accident Jane experienced, leading to slips and falls, assaults, or even cases of food poisoning.
When is a Casino Liable for Your Injuries?
If, like Jane, you’ve suffered an injury due to a dangerous condition, the gaming property could be held liable if:
- The casino owner had a duty to maintain a safe environment.
- The casino owners breached this duty.
- You were directly injured due to this breach.
- You suffered damages such as medical bills, lost income, rehabilitation costs, and physical or emotional suffering.
What Laws Govern Casino Negligence Claims in Nevada ?
Nevada’s premises liability laws are the guiding force behind hotel or casino lawsuits in Las Vegas. These laws clearly outline the responsibility of property owners, including casino owners, to ensure the safety of their guests. If the liable party (owner) fails in this duty, and a person is injured as a result, injured parties have legitimate personal injury cases. However, Nevada’s comparative negligence rule may come into play, reducing the compensation if the injured party is found to be partly at fault for the accident.
How Can a Casino Injury Lawyer Guide Me Through the Legal Complexities?
Las Vegas injury lawyers can provide valuable guidance through the legal complexities you may face in cases like Jane’s scenario above:
- They explain the relevant Nevada laws and their implications on your case.
- They research your case to gather and analyze evidence.
- They construct a solid case that pinpoints the casino’s liability.
- They negotiate with the casino’s insurance company to reach a fair settlement.
- They fight for your rights in court, if necessary and recover compensation on your behalf.
Our legal team at The Law Office of Kevin R. Hansen is well-versed in handling the intricacies of a casino accident claim. We are committed to advocating for your rights and securing the maximum compensation for your injuries. You don’t have to face this alone; contact us for a free consultation today.
What Are the Steps to Filing a Lawsuit Against a Casino in Las Vegas?
Filing a lawsuit involves several steps, including:
- Preparation: This includes gathering all the necessary documents and evidence to build your case.
- Filing: Your lawyer will file a complaint with the court detailing your claims and seeking compensation.
- Discovery: Both parties exchange information about the incident and injury.
- Negotiations: Your lawyer will negotiate with the casino’s risk manager or their insurance company to reach a fair settlement.
- Trial: If a settlement isn’t reached, your case will go to trial, where a judge or jury will decide the outcome.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit against a Hotel or Casino in Las Vegas?
Nevada’s Statute of Limitations states that you generally have two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit, including casino or hotel accident injuries. If you fail to file within this period, you may lose your right to seek compensation. This is why it’s crucial to act quickly and consult with a lawyer soon after the incident.
What Evidence is Essential in a Casino Injury Lawsuit in Las Vegas?
Vital evidence in any casino liability lawsuit may include:
- Medical records showing the extent of your injuries and treatment.
- Photographs of the accident scene and your injuries.
- Surveillance footage from the casino.
- Witness statements.
- Incident reports from the property management or hotel.
Can I Claim Compensation for Medical Expenses in a Casino Injury Case?
Yes, absolutely. Injured victims can claim compensation for medical costs stemming from a casino accident. As experienced casino injury attorneys, we understand the impact of hefty medical costs on your financial stability. We’re committed to fighting for your right to recover these costs.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Casino Injury Case?
In a typical Hotel or Casino property liability case, the damages are split into two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are the more tangible costs related to the injury such as:
- Medical Expenses: These can include costs for hospital stays, doctor visits, physical therapy, prescription medications, and even future medical costs related to the injury.
- Lost Wages: If your injury caused you to miss work, you could claim compensation for lost earnings. In severe cases, you may also seek damages for reduced earning capacity in the future.
Non-economic damages are less tangible and more subjective, but equally crucial:
- Pain and Suffering: This includes physical pain and emotional distress following the injury. In our 25 years of experience as Las Vegas personal injury lawyers, these damages can often exceed the economic ones, especially in severe injury cases.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: If the injury has affected your ability to enjoy your life as before, you could seek damages for that as well.
Can Emotional Distress After a Casino Accident in Las Vegas Be Compensated?
Absolutely, emotional distress is considered a non-economic damage. Victims often suffer anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following an injury. With the guidance of a competent Las Vegas casino injury lawyer, these damages can be included in your compensation claim.
What Is the Average Settlement Amount for a Casino Injury in Las Vegas?
Each case is unique, and many factors contribute to the final settlement amount in any negligent injury case. Variables like the severity of the injury, the impact on your ability to work, and the degree of negligence on the part of the gaming establishment all play a role. As your legal representative, we would work diligently to identify all compensable damages and maximize the value for your claim and fight to get you the largest award possible.
How Can a Las Vegas Casino Injury Attorney Help With My Case?
Legal representation is crucial to protect your rights. As experienced property liability attorneys, we navigated the complex legal process on your behalf, ensuring that all necessary evidence is preserved, and your rights are protected.
An experienced personal injury attorney will:
- Conduct thorough case research of the incident.
- Collect and preserve vital evidence that might be overlooked otherwise.
- Handle all communications with the casino’s attorneys and insurance companies.
- Calculate the full extent of your damages, including those that might not be immediately apparent.
- Negotiate a fair settlement or take your case to trial if necessary.
Are There Specialized Lawyers for Casino Injury Cases in Las Vegas?
Yes, there are personal injury lawyers who specialize in casino injury claims in Las Vegas. The Law Office of Kevin R. Hansen is one such law firm. With our decades of experience in Las Vegas, we have a deep understanding of the specific regulations and laws surrounding casinos in Nevada.
At the Law Office of Kevin R. Hansen, we work on a contingency basis, which means there are no upfront costs. We only get paid if we win your case. Therefore, hiring us involves no financial risk for you. Our focus is on getting you the compensation you deserve. Come see us for a Free Case Evaluation. Get legal advice now and know your rights.
What Are Nevada’s Premises Liability Laws?
Are you familiar with Nevada’s Premises Liability Laws and how they might impact your casino accident case? Understanding these laws is vital in pursuing a successful claim.
In Nevada, property owners, such as casinos, have a legal obligation to ensure their premises are safe for visitors. If an owner fails to maintain safety or does not warn visitors about potential hazards on a property and an accident occurs, they can be held liable for the injuries sustained.
What are Key Legal Concepts Associated With Premises Liability in Nevada?
- Duty of Care: This is the legal responsibility that a property owner has to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition to prevent harm to others. The level of care required can vary depending on the status of the person on the property (invitee, licensee, or trespasser).
- Invitees, Licensees, and Trespassers: These terms describe the three main categories of people who might be on a property. Invitees are there for the benefit of the property owner (like customers in a store), licensees are there for their own purposes (like social guests), and trespassers are on the property without permission. The property owner’s duty of care is generally highest for invitees and lowest for trespassers.
- Attractive Nuisance Doctrine: This doctrine can hold the Las Vegas Hotel liable for injuries to children trespassing on the land if the injury is caused by a hazardous object or condition on the land that is likely to attract children who are unable to appreciate the risk.
- Elements of a Premises Liability Claim: To establish a casino injury claim, a plaintiff generally must prove four elements: duty, breach of duty, causation, and damages. This means showing that the casino owners had a duty to the plaintiff, breached that duty, and that this breach caused the plaintiff’s injury.
- Burden of Proof: In a premises liability case, as with other civil cases, the burden of proof lies with the plaintiff. This means that it is up to the injured party to gather and present enough evidence to prove their case.
- Comparative Negligence: Nevada follows a modified comparative negligence system, which means that a plaintiff can recover damages even if they were partly at fault for their injury. However, the amount of compensation they can recover will be reduced by their percentage of fault.
- Damage Awards and Limitations: In a successful premises liability claim, a plaintiff may be able to recover economic damages (like medical bills and lost wages), non-economic damages (like pain and suffering), and in some cases, punitive damages. Nevada does not have a cap on these types of damages, but punitive damages are only awarded in cases of extreme negligence or malicious intent.
- Role of an Attorney: An attorney in a premises liability case can provide valuable assistance in many ways. They can help investigate the incident, gather and preserve evidence, interpret and apply the law, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent the plaintiff in court, if necessary.
If you’ve been injured in a casino due to potentially negligent conditions, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Kevin R. Hansen Law Firm for a free consultation. Let us stand up for your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
How Can The Law Office Of Kevin R. Hansen Help Navigate the Claims Process?
The claims process can be intimidating and complex, especially when dealing with injuries and trauma. We are here to shoulder that burden for you. Our team will handle all aspects of the claim, leaving no stone unturned to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. With our no-win, no-fee guarantee, you can rest assured that our interests align with yours – we are committed to your success.
At the Law Office of Kevin R. Hansen, we believe that personalized attention, expert legal representation, and a family-like atmosphere make a significant difference in the stressful journey towards justice. We look forward to standing by your side.
The Kevin R. Hansen Advantage: More Than Just a No-Win, No-Fee Guarantee
Besides our expert legal representation and no-win, no-fee guarantee, we treat each client as part of the family, offering personalized attention and advice for any legal matters, and ‘free legal advice for life’ for anyone who becomes our client.
At The Law Office of Kevin R. Hansen, we have over 25 years of personal injury law trial and negotiation experience helping hundreds of injured persons in Las Vegas. We provide expert legal representation, personalized attention, and a no-win, no-fee guarantee. We have all the skills and resources to aggressively pursue your hotel and casino personal injury case, and once you work with us, you become part of the family.
Contact us or call 702-478-7777 for a Zero-charge Case Review